JKK Educator Award

John Kingsley Kerver Energy Educator Award is given to a teacher who goes beyond the call of duty.

October 2019 Award sponsored by TechNipFMC goes to Cathy Knauff, M. Ed. – Klein Cain Engineering – Computer Maintenance teacher.  Her acceptance is inspiring:

Oh my goodness, to say I am honored is an understatement. I feel so lucky to have been (originally) voluntold to come to Energy Day. With everything I do, I put my everything into it and Energy Day is a passion I now mark on the calendar EVERY year for the 3rd weekend of October! I love working with the students, volunteers, and sponsors. I love learning from everyone at the Energy Day just as much as I love teaching my students. This award means much more to me than words can say. My mother, my hero, was the biggest volunteer of any cause who came calling. In fact, she passed during the Livestock Show & Rodeo, where she had volunteered over 62 hours the week before her passing! I have big shoes to fill to live up to her achievements, this is the first of many…I hope! Again, thank you so very much for considering and honoring me with this award. I will not disappoint you! Thank you again, y’all have made my year!  Cathy Knauff Educational Philosophy

October 20th 2018 Award goes to Dr. Nghia Le of Booker T. Washington HS.  Projects include 3D printer arm for local girl, and launching rockets.

October 2017 award goes to Bob Fulbright of Alief ISD.

October 15th 2016 JKK Educator Award goes to Astra Zeno, of Houston ISD’s YWCPA. She has also been our Houston NCWIT Aspirations Educator of the Year twice.  This amazing teacher is pictured with her students. Not pictured is student media coordinator Diana H.

energyeducator2016

2015 JKK Educator was Helen Roberts from Spring Branch MS where my grandson goes. 2014 JKK Eductor was Jennifer Reyes from New Caney ISD.

At the City of Houston Energy Festival, the 2013 John Kingsley Kerver Educator Award was presented to to Cheryl Willis with Houston ISD’s Holland Middle School for her commitment to Energy Education. Ms. Willis teaches Robotics & Science to 6th, 7th & 8th graders.  She continues to bring students to Energy Day.  She is pictured here with the 2016 winner Astra Zeno.

energyday2016astrazeno